This is the perfect recipe for a lazy weekend brunch. Simon Howie Smoked Back Bacon can also be used if you prefer
15 minutesCooking Time
What you'll need
- 4 rashers of Simon Howie unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 slices Simon Howie black pudding
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 large handfuls wild rocket
- 225g (8oz) medium vine tomatoes, quartered
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil and white wine vinegar to serve
Putting it all together
- Heat a large frying pan until hot then fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, heat the oil then cook the black pudding slices for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and boil for 4 minutes (or for a further 1-2 minutes for hard set). Drain well and cool for 1 minute under cold running water. Set aside in cold water.
- To serve, pile rocket into serving bowls and add tomato quarters. Peel the eggs and cut in half. Roughly chop the bacon and arrange over the salad, then gently pull the black pudding slices apart and place on top. Serve the salads immediately, topped with egg and seasoned with black pepper. Dress simply with oil and vinegar if liked.