Maple & Mustard Glazed Ham
A great addition to your Christmas spread, precook your ham for convenience and enjoy hot or cold!
30 minutesCooking Time
2 hours 45 minutesServes
What you'll need
2kg leg of ham
1 cinnamon stick
½ tspn peppercorns
2 bay leaves
few sprigs of thyme
100ml maple syrup
1 tbsp grain mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
Putting it all together
- Place the gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Add the onions, cinnamon, peppercorns and herbs to the pot and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 1hr 30 mins until the meat becomes tender. Keep topping up the water level with boiling water if necessary.
- Remove the ham from the water and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Make the glaze by mixing the maple syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Cut away any skin from the ham leaving a good layer of fat and score the fat of the ham using a sharp knife, to create a zig zag pattern. Place the ham in a shallow roasting tin and coat the ham entirely with the glaze using a brush or a spoon.
- Roast the ham uncovered in the oven, basting with the glaze every 20 minutes for an hour.
- Let the ham rest for 15 minutes before carving.