Halloween Haggis Bites
#Halloweenfoodspiration- A simple and tasty Halloween recipe to keep all the little monsters out of mischief!
(Parental observation is advisable)
5-10 MinutesCooking Time
What you'll need
320g of Puff pastry
454g Simon Howie Haggis (Original or vegetarian)
1 Medium Egg
50g Plain Flour
Putting it all together
1. Preheat oven to 180°
2. Dust the flour across a clean kitchen work surface and roll out the pastry using a rolling pin
3. Use a circle cutter or a small glass to cut little circle shapes out. Use half the circles for the bottom and half the circles for the pumpkin faces.
4. Cut little pumpkin faces out using a sharp knife (be careful) #Pumpkinfaceinspiration can be seen in the Halloween picture in this recipe.
5. Place a small amount of haggis in the centre of the plain circle of pastry.
6. Whisk 1 egg in a cup and lightly brush over on both sides of the circles.
7. Carefully place the pumpkin face over the haggis and plain pastry circle and press down the pastry edges together.
8. Brush a small amount of egg across the face and place the little pumpkins on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
9. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and enjoy your Halloween bites with a tomato sauce dip 😊
(Send us your photos or tag us on Instagram #SimonHowieHalloweenFoodspiration)