Tray Roasted Pork with Italian Flavours
A rich and fragrant supper dish, perfect accompanied with a green salad and freshly cooked pasta or crusty bread. The recipe works well with Simon Howie chicken thighs.
What you'll need
- 6 Simon Howie pork loin steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 350g (12oz) cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
Putting it all together
- Preheat the oven to 190 C (fan oven 170 C, 375 F, gas 5). Wash and pat dry the steaks. Spread a little of the crushed garlic over the pork and season on both sides.
- Place in a shallow roasting tine and carefully sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese over each. Drizzle with a little oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Baste the pork with the cooking juices and arrange the cherry tomatoes around the pork steaks. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the pork is tender and the tomatoes are slightly soft. Sprinkle with basil leaves, cover with foil and stand for 5 minutes before serving straight from the tray.