Vietnamese-style Pork Mince and Noodles
This combination of robust and fresh flavours works well with Simon Howie steak mince if you prefer.
15mins + standingCooking Time
What you'll need
- 500g (1Ib 2oz) Simon Howie pork mince
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2.5cm (inch) piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 bird's eye or thai red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 300g cooked rice noodles
- 3 limes
- small bunch fresh coriander
- extra chilli to serve if liked
Putting it all together
- Put the pork mince in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and the noodles, then stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes until thoroughly hot. Extract the juice from one of the limes and pour over the noodles and pork. Stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, pile on to warm serving plate, sprinkle with chopped coriander and chilli, if liked. Cut the remaining lime into wedges and serve with the pork and noodles. Delicious accompanied with sweet chilli sauce.