Chicken and Lemon Coriander Glaze
A deliciously refreshing and light dish. Serve with rice or salad. For another citrus twist, replace the lemon with the rind and juice of a small orange and use ground cumin instead of ground coriander.
What you'll need
- 4 Simon Howie chicken breasts skin on
- A pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp clear honey
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 3 lemons
Putting it all together
- Preheat the oven to 190 C (fan oven 170 C, 375 F, gas 5). Wash and pat dry the chicken and season all over. Finely grate the rind from one of the lemons and extract the juice. Cut the remaining lemons into quarters.
- Put the chicken, skin-side up, in a shallow ovenproof baking dish or roasting in. Mix the lemon rind and juice with the honey and ground coriander. Pour all over the chicken, making sure the pieces are all coated.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, basting occasionally, and then add the lemon quarters. Bake for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is golden and thoroughly cooked. Serve straight from the dish, sprinkled with fresh coriander.