Tandoori Style Chicken
Make a fresh mango salsa to serve with this chicken by mixing diced fresh mango and cucumber with finely chopped red onion and fresh coriander
What you'll need
- 4 Simon Howie chicken legs
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm (1inch) ginger peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 6tbsp greek yoghurt
- 2tsp madras curry paste
- lime wedges and fresh coriander to serve
Putting it all together
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Slash each of the chicken legs with 3 slices on the fleshiest part of the joint. Season all over and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, except the fresh coriander and lime, and spread all over the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (overnight if you have more time) to marinate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200 C (fan oven 180 C, 400 F, gas 6). Line a shallow roasting tray with baking parchment and arrange the chicken legs on top. Brush over any marinade that remains in the dish to make sure the meat is well covered, and bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, drain the chicken and serve hot or cold with fresh coriander and wedges of lime to squeeze over.